Monday, November 22, 2010

Seminar Review

1) I felt that Norman's readings were by far the best. They provided a good fundamental basis to the rest of the course because all the different types of design can be evaluated through his work. The reading itself was very well written and provided a lot of detailed examples making it much easier to understand. I feel that the course would have been missing a lot had Norman not been read first. He provided a very conceptual understanding for the entire idea of design.

2) This seminar has really helped me to realize the importance of knowing the audience. No matter what form of communication, the audience is the main thing to keep in mind, as aphoristic as that is to say. It has helped me to know what to revise when making changes to presentations or papers. During my revision process, I found that I had to simply reword the information I had already presented in order to make it more accessible to the audience.

3) I am confident that this will help me in the future whenever I have to present information to somebody. I feel much more prepared for other classes in general because of this seminar. Especially after not having done any real work for a long time due to China, I am happy to have had this class to help me ease back into the groove of school. In terms of the actual course content, I feel much happier in that I see everything in another light now. I can look more deeply into what seem like everyday products. It amazes me how much attention designers must give to even the smallest details of the most trivial seeming objects. Overall, I am very happy with this seminar, and I would like to continue exploring economics and business.

No comments:

Post a Comment