Thursday, September 16, 2010

Opening Post

My name is Sanjay Sharma, and I am from the Kalamazoo area. I spent the last semester of my senior year studying in China. It was an extremely interesting place to study as the cultures between the two countries are vastly different. In terms of my interest in the class, I would like to learn a few of the fundamentals of business. I have never really considered how the design of products affect the likelihood of the purchase. Being in China was also interesting because the Chinese look for very different things in their purchases. When they want to buy clothing, they are enthralled by anything that has English on it. The English may make no sense whatsoever, but they still buy the clothing for the sole reason that it has English. For this reason, there are people in China walking around with shirts on that say "Green, picnic, hamburger, white" and some random, artistic design. Overall, I am excited to take this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment